Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sonoma County, California

I've been to Napa Valley and the scenery is beautiful, but many of the Napa wineries are run by corporations and it's gotten pretty commercial and crowded. I prefer the less crowded, off the beaten path and family owned wineries so we headed to Sonoma County.

Santa Rosa is Sonoma's county seat and we stayed in Santa Rosa at the Sonoma Hilton. This is our second stay at the Sonoma Hilton and I highly recommend it. The rooms are spacious, clean and affordable. They have beautiful grounds and are within easy access of restaurants and shopping. I also love Santa Rosa because it's where Charles Shultz lived most of his adult life. The whole town has Peanut's characters all over town and if you know me...you know how I love the Peanuts characters!

No comments:

Post a Comment